A Brain Injury Is Like The Color Blue

Maybe I'm special. Not many people can say what I easily can. My life is split into two experiences of personality. I was one person up to the age of 44. Then a different person took over to inhabit my consciousness or what we refer to as 'self." Let me explain.





Blue has always been my favorite color. Everybody knows the color blue, right? Maybe not.

If someone were visually impaired or blind since birth, they may have no clue what color is at all, never mind the actual color of blue. And, for all we know, what one person sees as blue could be another person's red. When we learned our colors from our parents and teachers, they pointed to a color and said "this is blue." Whatever color you saw at the area they pointed to is now known to you as "blue." Maybe, what I see as red you call blue. Perhaps our brains don't interpret these color impulses the same and you have a totally different color-scape than I do with colors I couldn't even begin to recognize.


fitness pickup fitness pickup fitness pickup fitness pickup fitness pickup fitness pickup fitness pickup fitness pickup fitness pickup fitness pickup

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saudi Arabia welcomes pilgrims for 'limited' Hajj

Australia's Victoria responsible for 90% of Covid-19 related deaths in the country

Pakistan mulls manufacturing SIMs